We abide by the rule of protecting our client’s personal and financial information as our social responsibility. Our client’s personal data that we collect during the preparation of the trip, such as name, gender, email, home address, postal address, phone number, etc is kept confidential unless it is required during emergency. We carry out the following privacy policies to keep the data and information confidential within the company.
- Generally, Himalayan Monk requests you only basic personal information that reasonably aids in identifying and locating the individual. Only on some occasions, such that the selected package demands more personal information on sensitive topics (disability, race, political beliefs, religion, health status, travel insurance, passport number and credit card details), we request further information for the operational reasons. The required information is collected through emails, entry forms, booking forms, telephone calls, through direct contact, social media or other messaging technology. We also collect your information from a group leader (who has the consent from you to provide us the necessary information) arranging a travel on behalf of the whole group.
- The information provided to us will be collected throughout the package cycle on ad hoc basis. For example, the information is collected when inquiring or booking a trip package and while making any changes to that package.
- The information you have provided will be used in getting the required permits during treks and tours, solely for the purpose it had been collected. It is also used to indentify you and notify you with upcoming new packages and services. If you receive message from Himalayan Monk, it is because you have signed up to receive information. You also have the choice to opt out of our subscription and newsletters messages.
- All safety measures will be taken to rule out the risk of information theft or leakage. Your information is stored on server that is accessible only by Himalayan Monk employees.
- The information can be disclosed only for the purpose that we have collected. We do not divulge your personal information unless granted permission to provide to a third party. Your information is disclosed without consent only if required by law and comply to legal processes.
- Your information can be removed from our database anytime and you may no longer be able to hear from us.
- Himalayan Monk abides by the Privacy Amendments Act of Nepal and privacy principles of the act.